Stratton & Brätt Landscapes, LLC (“S&B) is looking for a controller to join our dynamic landscape and construction team. The position of controller consists of analyzing day-to-day financial information for accuracy, preparing financial reports, and making informed accounting/financial decisions in a timely manner. S&B has been rapidly growing year-over-year for the last three years. The company has recently acquired a well-known property maintenance company.
Working conditions, benefits, and compensation package to be addressed.
- Manage S&B Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly financial reporting needs. This includes reports other than the three financial statements;
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice;
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting or other tax requirements;
- Adequately use Sage 100 Contractor and make informed recommendations for all other integrated software(s) and/or other software;
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, prepare periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs;
- Continuously analyze the company’s budget and report on necessary trends weekly;
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts;
- Prepare and examine internal accounting policies, analyze accounting records, periodically audit financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards;
- Work with the Operations Construction Manager regarding the requirements of work being performed.
- Provide internal and external auditing services for businesses or individuals; Oversee the accounting departments internal and external services required by state and federal laws.
- Report to management regarding the finances of an establishment. Establish weekly coaching sessions with the accounting team.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A four-year bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field;
- 5+ years in construction accounting (or relatable industry)
- Follow/familiarized with (GAAP) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions;
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Analytical Thinking — The job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work related issues and problems.
- Achievement/Effort— Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Lines of communication:
- This position reports to the Director of Finance
As a family-owned and operated company, we understand the importance of having a strong “work life balance.” Our facility will provide a private office space and the necessary tools and resources to perform the best way possible. Any specific questions regarding working conditions, benefits, and/or compensation package will be addressed.